Monday, December 26

Baby Genius

Tanner's very first Christmas was celebrated today! And oh, did he enjoy it... Because he is a one year old baby extraordinaire. Who understands what is going on when a prettily wrapped thing is placed in front of him. And he understands that under all this wrapping is a uber fun toy. And once unwrapped he also understands what to do with this toy. Asides staring at it or trying to eat it.

Not.

His seventh tooth has finally made it's appearance, so I cannot blame him for attempting to eat his toys instead of play with them. When teething, Handsome Dude is all that is drool and crankiness. So I don't mind when he bites and slobbers and otherwise soothes himself all over his new toys. That were not expensive at all. That I did not spend multiple hours at Toys-R-Us picking out.

I will know better next time.

Which reminds me... Earlier this week Handsome Dude and my little seven-year-old brother were playing together, and my little brother looks up at me and says, "You know what? I think I should just be Handsome Dude's step-dad! He LOVES me!" 

Which was kind of funny, but, weird.

And when he promoted himself a couple minutes later from step-dad to dad, and thus continued referring to himself as 'dad' for the rest of the night, it was also, in fact, kind of funny, but, weird.

But the "COME to PAPA!" calls have continued for a few days now and so I must put a stop to it.

For it is weird.



Merry Christmas!


No comments: