Sunday, December 4

As The Pendulum Swings

Handsome Dude turns one year old on Saturday. One year old! What in the world is happening?! My baby is growing up say whaaat? It's been an entire YEAR? It feels like its passed by so fast. Immeasurably fast. Yet it dragged by so slowly at the same time.. a year is an incredibly long period of time, but slowly and ever so surely, it passes on by.

Around this time last year my life was so different. Around this time two years ago, I could never dream or even attempt to comprehend what I would go through in the coming years. In fact, I clearly remember two years ago, around Thanksgiving, wondering what it would be like to be pregnant. I thought about what it'd be like to have a baby, to have someone else to want to live for, to die for, to be my everything...

I was seventeen.

One year later, I had a baby.

I was eighteen.

And now I have an almost-one year old little handsome dude, who is currently laying on his back beside me in bed talking and blabbering to... himself? the ceiling? me? I cannot be certain. But I think it's me. :)

And yes, it is way past his bed time. And yes, he still sleeps with me. What of it?

He is currently "ahhh, ahhh, ahhh, ahhhhhhh, a blu dle blug gib be da"-ing me and I am enjoying every minute.

I am nineteen. I have the sweetest little boy who is the light of my life and brings me laughter EVERY single day. Although I won't lie, it's not easy, and I wouldn't wish teen parenthood on my worst enemy...

But I couldn't ask for more.



1 comment:

Jenny said...

This is so sweet! You may be young, but you sure can write!